What to ExpectWhoever you are and wherever you may be on your journey of faith, you are welcome in this place.
- I’m new, what can I expect of Episcopal Worship? Worship in all Episcopal Churches is based on our central document of worship The Book of Common Prayer. The physical setting, music, formality, and other elements of worship can range from traditional to contemporary with varying degrees of formality. At St. James you will find a relaxed modern setting and casual atmosphere blended with respect for traditions. Excellent newcomer information is available from The Episcopal Church web site. Episcopal Church.
- What is expected of newcomers and visitors? We ask only that you let us know what you expect of us! Episcopal worship is based on individual discernment and collective celebration. You are welcome to participate in all aspects of the service or just sit, observe, and become acquainted. Greeters, clergy and other members will be happy to welcome and assist you with any questions you may have.
- What should I wear? Dress is relaxed for some and more formal for others; please come however you are most comfortable. Ski clothes in wintertime and shorts in summertime are perfectly appropriate.
- How long does the service last? The 8:00 am Rite II service is normally completed in less than one hour. The 10:00 am, Rite II service is our largest weekly event and generally lasts just over one hour.
- What about my children? We welcome children of all ages as active participants in our worship. During school months, a special Children’s Chapel offers youngsters an opportunity to have a faith experience of their own and then join their parents midway through the 10:00 am service to participate in communion. Childcare in the nursery is available and children are also welcome to stay with you during any service.
- Is the building accessible? All areas of the building are on one level and are completely accessible. Wireless amplification devices are provided for hearing impaired.
- I have more questions! Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 801-566-1311 and we will be delighted to respond. Please let us know the best time and method to get back to you.